Livin' and Bloggin'

It's a blog.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In economics, experts constantly worry about the shrinking middle class. I have a similar demographic problem at work, there is no one of "middle" age. The think tank I work at, CSIS, is composed almost solely of either incredibly old people or incredibly young people. At 27, I am one of few that is not either straight out of college or carrying an AARP card and a walker. I've never worked with such dynamics before.

Because of this stark contrast, I think it makes things difficult for a sense of unity here. Plus, many of the senior staff are former high-ranking government officials: ambassadors, cabinet secretaries, et cetera. Therefore, they see no need to engage with the rest of us. (They also won't hold the elevator door for you when you are trying to rush and grab it.)

Interesting place...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home