Livin' and Bloggin'

It's a blog.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Off to Dallas

Tomorrow, Shawn and I fly into Dallas. While I love to see family and friends, it can get pretty stressful balancing everything. Makes it not as enjoyable of a trip as it could be. Plus, there are other people I would love to see...but that's just asking for too much, isn't it?

Everytime I go home, I feel like I did when I was under the thumb of my parents. So controlling--things are better, but it still brings back too many rough memories.

There was a time, right after Shawn and I were married, that we took a trip to Louisiana with my parents. We drove down together (last time that happened) and only had one car. The second evening we are there, after dinner and my parents are getting ready for bed, we wanted to take the car to town and have a little time exploring on our own. We were not allowed to do that. Of course, it was their car, so out of our control, but I felt like I was 16 again.

Now, we learned our lesson, we rent a car when we are in town, that helps immensely.

So, lots of fun...and that doesn't even begin to delve into Shawn's side of the family. I'm thinking about, and I feel terribly guilty saying it, but thinking next time I am in Dallas for work I might not even let the family know. Give me an opportunity to catch up with some other people. Oh the guilt she can pile on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home