Well, I've Never...
I need prayer. Lots of it. My office is full of people that are not interested in anything but protecting their jobs. The senior staff does not want a team environment; this is too threatening to their positions. Our President wants a weekly meeting for him and the entire fundraising team, and the senior staff is trying to prevent us from coming. Yet, they don't communicate anything. My boss, and her peer both want a vertical structure where no collaboration is allowed. We are left in the dark and just supposed to do our assigned tasks. No entrepreneurial spirit, no pushing the envelope...status quo. My colleges and I are terribly frustrated. Time and again we are insulted as professionals and treated as indentured servants. I told my boss yesterday that with the responsibility of management comes mentoring, in my opinion. I was answered with blinking eyes and a blank stare. They attempt to hide things from their bosses and the board of trustees; I have expressed my opinion about this lack of ethics -- again blank stares. This job could be great, but selfishness is ruining the environment.
It's becoming more and more frustrating.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home