Let The Insanity Begin
So nothing stresses Shawn and I out more than moving. It is a difficult task, as much as we have moved in the past few years, one would think either we enjoy it, or at least gotten used to it and not bothered. But now, it is always hard. This time, we thought...we are definitely hiring movers, we should not do this again by ourselves.
But now...movers are expensive. I can probably save us at least $300 if we do it ourselves, and that's with flying Kirk in on Southwest for the weekend to help us. I would much rather hang out with him than 3 moving guys.
Haven't fully made up our minds yet, might still do the movers. I told Shawn it was his call since he is the one that has to dangle the couch over the balcony. (Yes, none of our stairs in our current place are wide enough to fit the couch...so it takes 3 people to hang the couch over the railing of our balcony; one then runs down to the bottom and grabs it at the end and holds it; while another makes sure it stays still; and the third runs down after the first to grab it and then bring it down to the ground. Trust me, its the most ingenious way of moving a couch I have ever seen.)
So we will see. Also depends if Kirk really wants to spend his Labor Day weekend moving.
The conversation got a little testy this morning, could also have not been the best time...both of us had our grumpy pants on. That's ok, in the end we hunker down and figure it out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home