Livin' and Bloggin'

It's a blog.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Old Habits Die Hard

It's a tough, tough day. Trying to break old habits, and the vice-like grip is suffocating. But, I'm hanging in there. I'm trying to change a lot of habits in my life right now, and I need to take things slowly, one at a time. But, I am enjoying the process, the changes are good and productive for me.

One of my dearest friends is going through some changes too, and she is struggling. I'm being as supportive as I can, but so much she has to do herself. She has no peace, no internal peace...instead vices numb her and she spends her days and nights on an emotional ferris wheel. I hope that wheel stops soon.

My race this past Monday was great, Shawn and I had a blast; but I ran slower than I expected. I guess I left my turbo pack at home. Anywho, I have another race in about 8 weeks and over 3 minutes to shave off my time. There are a lot of fast runners out there! The overall winner ran the 5k in 15 minutes 27 seconds! Goodness he was fast. What a great way to start off the holiday, though. We then packed up our cooler and headed down to the Mall. Got a great seat right in front of the Washington monument. Passed the time reading and playing nerf baseball, and watched the fireworks. It was a great time, glad we decided to suffer the crowds, which really weren't that bad.

So wish me luck as I begin training again for the next race, its going to be even harder work than before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home