Livin' and Bloggin'

It's a blog.

Friday, August 05, 2005

First Exposure

So I realize that recently this blog has turned into more an account of activities rather than a space for musings. But there hasn't been a lot of time for deep thought recently, just deep boxes to pack items in.

Took the day off from work yesterday to stay home and work on my new job. Spent a straight 7 hours in front of a computer screen putting a calendar together for my government class. Had no idea how much time had passed until Shawn walked in the door. Got so much done, almost ready to go on that one...now on to World History.

Off to school this evening to meet some of the students for the first time, I'm pretty excited about it, then meeting Shawn and some friends out for a drink.

My current job has become even more boring since I have already passed on so many of my projects and accounts to my successor. Can't really work on an event that I won't be here for, so just doing a lot of straightening up files and saying goodbyes to donors.

OK, so Congress wants to rename 16th street in Washington, DC Ronald Reagan Boulevard. I am not, nor ever was a Reagan fan. That's fine, people can think he was a great president, I don't think so, and that's not just because I am a Democrat, think he was overblown...period. Good man, bad president. However, either way, Congressman Bonilla makes a statement about Reagan being an American icon and the nation's capital should honor him. Has Bonilla forgotten that a rather large building and an airport, both in the city, are already named after the man? Please...can't we just leave well enough alone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home